The other day my dear friend Summer invited me over for a baking day! It seriously was so fun. It was just a few hours but it felt so cozy, warm and just friends being together. Nicole came as well and I am loving getting to know her. The tot had a blast playing with their little ones. It was PERFECT!
I made Paleo pumpkin muffins and Summer made deliciousl pumpkin drop cookies with chocolate morsels in them.
I finally broke down and put cinammon and stevia on my muffins. Added some taste. But they are SO healthy!!
So without further ado, here is what and how we made our fall treats.
Paleo almond butter pumpkin spice muffins: Healthy and all whole foods in ingredients.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (or cook and puree pumpkin yourself)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey (optional)
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1 Tbs sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Coat 6 muffin tins with coconut oil (or use paper muffin cups and add 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil to batter).
- Mix all ingredients and pour evenly into tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
- Sprinkle almonds on top immediately after taking them out of the oven
Summer's drop cookies:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (12 ounce) packages NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle or spread with Vanilla Glaze.
COMBINE 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well.